This meal is one of my favourites especially after a tough session at Saxon CrossFit in Wymondham. It is packed full of antioxidants, lean protein, and thanks to the Tenderstem broccoli, has high levels of Carotenoids and Glucosinolates which help to fight against cancer and heart disease.
Ingredients – Serves 2 people
2 Large lean steaks
150 g of washed Tenderstem broccoli
3 Sweet potatoes
1½ tsp. of Coconut oil
2 tbsp. of Olive oil
Ground Black pepper and Himalayan pink salt
1. Start by pre heating the oven to 180 degrees
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into wedges
3. Season the wedges with pepper and a pinch of Himalayan pink salt (Himalayan pink salt has a high mineral content and will quickly help to replace any electrolytes lost during your workout.)
4. Cover a baking tray with tin foil
5. Add 1 tsp. of melted coconut oil onto the tray and then mix the wedges in with the oil making sure they are covered evenly
6. Put the wedges into the oven and leave to cook slowly for 40-45 minutes (make sure you check them about halfway and move them around the tray)
7. After the wedges have been cooking for about 30 minutes boil a kettle and add the hot water to a large sauce pan, pour the Tenderstem broccoli into the pot and boil for 10 minutes on a medium to high heat
8. Preheat a frying pan and add ½ a tsp. of coconut oil
9. Place the steaks on to the hot pan and allow to sizzle for 5 minutes on each side.
10. Once the Steaks have cooked take them out of the pan and wrap in tin foil to settle while you organise the rest of the food. (This stops the juices running out onto the plate)
11. Drain the broccoli and drizzle Olive oil over them
12. Take the Wedges out of the oven and arrange on the plate with the broccoli
13. Take the steak out of the tin foil and add to your plate.
14. Serve to your hungry guest and enjoy!